Love to experience Virginia Beach Horseback Tour? Here’s where to go horseback riding on Virginia beach?
If you are lucky enough to be a Virginia Beach resident, you can attest to the ocean views and salty air that calm the mind.
However, you can only get that if you sign up for a horseback riding adventure in Virginia Beach. In addition, you will get an unforgettable experience of riding a horse on a beach, leaving you with lifelong memories.
It doesn’t matter your experience level. Once you go for horseback, depending on VA beach, here’s what you will expect:
- While horseback riding tours on the beach sound like some movie stuff, it’s a reality in Virginia. Expect to be enchanted by this coastal adventure during your visit to VA beach.
- Riders go on guided rides. What’s more? You will stretch to the streets and visit the most scenic parts near the beach.
- You don’t have to worry about your safety. The staff matches you with the perfect horse for your level, and at least one instructor will accompany you.
- You can’t miss the scenic beach views and the enchantment of riding on top of these magical creatures.
Virginia Beach Horseback
Everyone would love riding from 26th Street to 9th and 10th Street along the beach. The tour then takes you back down the surf, allowing you to enjoy nature at its finest while being guided by knowledgeable tour operators.
Know the Rules before You Book
- Zero prior experience is needed, an excellent option for beginners.
- Expert guides ensure your safety always.
- Riding a horse by oneself needs the rider to be older than six years. Children below the age of six may consider double riding with their parents.
- The maximum weight limit is strictly 250 pounds.
- Before mounting, riders are matched with horses that satisfy their comfort and experience levels.
- Use the three-stair block for easy mounting and dismounting from the horse.
- They will provide you with a brief introduction to the horse and a short lesson. You will also be given the final instructions just before the adventure.
- Take a photo as a personal keepsake of your visit.
After you are assigned your guide and learn how to manage a horse while riding on the beach, it’s time to saddle up.
Are you looking to make something special for your loved one? Whether it’s a special date night or birthday, Virginia Beach has a great spot just for you.
How perfect would it surprise your particular person with a horseback ride after dinner? It sounds like a life plan, of course. Virginia Beach has served many couples for many years for a similar attraction.
There won’t be a perfect place than this if you want to tie the knot. Virginia Beach has proved to be a great host for newlyweds, wedding parties, and special dates!
What To Expect
- Experienced horses that can tolerate even the most novice of kids
- Several departure times are available daily.
- One hour or 30 minutes ride along the beach.
- You receive confirmation during the booking.
- Operations are courtesy of Virginia Beach Outer Banks Horseback. They only allow a maximum of ten riders.
- Tourist seasons last from September to May
- Departure starts from 26th Street to the 9th and back.
- The departure time for 30 minutes ride is 2 pm, 2:30 pm, 5 pm, and 5:30 pm, while one-hour rides are 12 pm, 1 pm, 4 pm, and 6 pm.
- Full refund only if the cancellation is 24 hours before the start of the rides. Cancellation less than 24 hours before the commencement of the activity calls for a non-refund
- Other changes that occur less than 24 hours before the beginning of the rides are unacceptable.
- Cut-off times depend on the local time of the activity.
Address: 26th St. & Atlantic Ave., Virginia Beach, VA 23451
Phone: +1 757-289-5470
Easy Does It Ranch
Easy Does It Ranch has made it easy for experienced and first-time riders. The wranglers are specifically trained to ensure you have made most of your essential leisure and free time.
With the wide range of services to choose from, expect the ranch to meet your recreational, entertainment, and cultural interests. That explains why the farm is the number one site in southeastern Virginia, where they have fun as they make new friends.
Easy Does It Ranch offers a fun, family-friendly environment. The welcoming staff and the fantastic facilities will give you the most memorable adventures. The sceneries in the ranch and the nearby areas and the cool oceanic breeze will serve you a relaxing ride.
Meet The Horses
A miniature donkey and amazing horses live on the ranch. Thanks to the volunteers, they were rescued and given a good time for their second phase of life. Horse rescues have been traced from all over the East Coast. The operation has lasted for more than three decades, with more than 100 horses rescued.
Easy Does It Ranch owner Malinda Scott has lived her life working with horses. Her love for horses inspired her to construct this ranch that tourists flock to every season. Her dedication to giving another life to misunderstood, hungry, and mistreated horses explains the regular visitors that keep adding to her stables.
On your next visit, the horses you might mount are Windy, Mr. Pickles, Poco, Red, and Tally. Recently adopted include Bella, Rain Dance, Freyja, Kona, Sugar Babe, Ghost, and Rhythm.
The ranch offers complete riding academy lessons with a whole package of horsemanship, including tacking and grooming basics, riding aspects, techniques of proper riding, managing a horse, and maintaining your safety while riding, outside the arena adventures, horse maintenance, and anatomy.
What To Expect
- Lessons are one hour long.
- Only children above eight years can take the lessons
- All styles and abilities are welcome – adults and children alike
- Classes are mainly on western riding
- Payments are made in four packages, each package costing $275
- Horse tacking and grooming
- Lope, walk, and trot
- Obstacle courses
- Diseases and preventatives
- Keeping a horse healthy
- Barn maintenance
- Lots of practice in horse riding
Easy Does It Ranch currently offers wooded trail rides. Enjoy the beautiful day riding 13 miles and 1 mile on the back of a horse. Groups are encouraged, and you wouldn’t mind bringing your family and friends along. Young riders are welcome since the rides are supervised, and immediate assistance is available.
What to Expect
- All rides need an advanced reservation
- Riders should be above eight years of age
- Trail rides last for one hour – $75 per rider
- Unfortunately, the trails are not the rough and rowdy type
Easy Does It Ranch has a call for a donation from riders and non-riders. The ranch exists thanks to the sponsorship and partnerships with various companies and individuals. Healing, encouragement, comfort, and hope are possible because of the incredible rescues.
All these achievements are possible from the sponsorship the ranch receives. It helps maintain the horses with quality training, veterinary care, and proper nutrition.
Note that sponsorship doesn’t include riding the horse(s). The donations are defined with tiers consisting of the horses in question.
1st Tier Costs $100 Monthly – Windy And Poco
- Either horse receives veterinarian care
- A picture of your horse, sponsorship certificate, and certificate copy displayed for public view
2nd Tier Costs $50 Monthly – Tally
- Regular hoof care
- Sponsorship certificate and a picture of the horse you sponsor
3rd Tier Costs $25 Monthly – Red And Mr. Pickles
- Tick prevention and fly spray for the horses
- Sponsorship certificate
Why Easy Does It Ranch always includes their sponsorship program to provide you with a healthy and happy horse. Plus, you wouldn’t mind putting a smile on what puts a smile in you.
Address: 1424 Benefit Rd, Chesapeake, VA 23322, United States
Phone: +1 757-721-4646
West Neck Creek Natural Area
West Creek Natural Area lies south of Virginia Beach. Since it is a natural area, there are many natural wonders to encounter.
It’s a forested area full of old deciduous trees with a small area secluded without trees called the Buffington House. There are also various drainage systems tracing from Price Anne Road.
West Neck Creek has brought in over 138 creatures worldwide. Some forest dwellers from across Virginia Beach have inhabited the West Neck Creek.
You will also come across woodpeckers available for all seasons, except for the Red-headed. Other common bird species are prevalent during the spring.
The good thing is that the horses are used to these residents, which means they can’t spook during this rare adventure.
This 217-acre site has 2.5 miles of trails where you will be accompanied by at least one guide. They will take you through the area’s history as they identify the trees and the birds. They are knowledgeable, and you will enjoy their company in the discovery adventure.
Address: 2249 N Landing Rd, Virginia Beach, VA 23456, United States
Phone: +1 757-385-0400
Are There Wild Horses In VA Beach?
Wild horses did roam the Assateague Island for a long time. They still do to date. Locals believe the horses’ origin is from a ship that wrecked off the coast of Virginia during the 17th century.
Other better sources state that the feral horses descended from the prominent landowners in the 17th century. They believe they brought the horses to escape fencing laws and livestock taxation.
The current number of horses on the Island is over 300. Tourists can visit the site from either Chincoteague, Virginia or Ocean City, Maryland.
There are over 150 horses on the Virginia side under Chincoteague Fire Company. False Cape State Parks and Back Bay National Wildlife Refuge also have some of these wild horses roaming freely.
Wild horses are dangerous species, especially to humans. While visitors are allowed, touching or taming these horses is forbidden unless with a permit from a high authority. Let the wild be wild!
Virginia is for equine lovers, and we are confident that you will enjoy it. Horseback riding in Virginia is the tourist’s favorite attraction you don’t want to miss.