This perfect combination of sceneries and events is what makes Red Rock Canyon a favorite place for tourists. So, where can you go horseback riding in the Red Rock Canyon?
Have you ever seen a desert whose cliffs are of red rocks? One with glitters and beautiful hotels? Where does the water rush from occasional waterfalls? A desert whose silence is so magical that you can hear the wild call? If you have visited the Red Rock Canyon, then you do!
Besides the breathtaking attractions, Red Rock Canyon is home to Old West history. It entails the wagon train journey, which was the primary means of transport that merchants used.
That said, Red Rock Canyon is an addition to the National History, which protects the beautiful scenes and the wild game.
Surprisingly, most tourists enjoy the beautiful sceneries neither by helicopters nor tour trucks but on horseback rides. There are other activities in the canyons, like hiking, for the fit ones. However, the most popular one is horseback riding. Nothing feels more relaxing and comfortable than riding a horse leisurely in the canyons.
Riding In Red Rock Canyon
For you to access the Red Rock Canyon, there are only four parking lots and trailheads at the disposal of horseback riders. They include; Cottonwood Trailheads (Cottonwood Valley Trail System), Mile maker (Twilight Zone Trails), White Rock, and 13-Mile Scenic Drive (parking areas in Scenic Drive Trails).
Horseback riding is open for horse owners and tourists exploring Red Rock Canyon on guided tours. For horseback riding opportunities, find some of the best spots in Red Rock Canyon designated for horseback riding:
Cowboy Trail Rides
Get one of the best experiences in Cowboy Trail that include everything from knowledgeable and friendly wranglers to disciplined and well-trained horses to allow you to enjoy the Las Vegas landscape.
The guides/ wranglers
You will find that the guided tours are incredible as you encounter the friendliest guides in the Cowboy Trail rides. They are engaging and take their time to socialize and know everyone. In addition, they are funny and therefore, you will have some memorable moments down there.
If you are a novice, don’t worry! The cowboy guides ensure you have an easy time with the horses. They don’t rush you into anything, and by the time you mount the horse, you are nervous no more.
Before mounting the horses, guides give you essential guidance to have an ultimate experience.
The horses in Cowboy Trail Rides are well trained and responsive. In addition, they are well-taken care of and thus perfect for rides at all levels, novice and experienced alike. You can also engage with the staff feeding up the horses, lead up, and tack up brush and poo pick.
Private horses are allowed, but you need guidance for the tours. Breeds available: Mule, Percheron Cross, Clydesdale cross, Paint, Mustang, Thoroughbred, Mule Percheron, Mule Belgian, and Wild Burro.
There is a provision of carefully cooked meals in Cowboy Trail Rides. On top of that, there are barbeques during the sunset rides, which even vegetarians enjoy. In addition, the campfire smores are amazing to end the trip.
The Cowboy Trail Rides has three categories of rides: Canyon Rim Ride, Sunset Trail Ride, Western BBQ, and Red Springs Rides.
Canyon Rim Ride
- You may drive to the place or get a roundtrip shuttle.
- Horseback rides last for two hours.
- The allowed age is seven years and up.
- Also, the horseback rides are in the Fossil Ridge along the canyon rim ridge.
- Enjoy the desert wildlife, Spring Mountains, the Red Rock Escarpment, the geologic formations, and the ancient caves.
- The rides start at 7 am, or 8 am during the summer, and 9 am during the winter.
Sunset Trail Ride and Western BBQ
- You can either drive or opt for the roundtrip shuttle.
- Horseback rides last for one hour and forty-five minutes.
- The age allowed is seven years and above.
- Enjoy the natural dens for small wildlife like bobcats and coyotes. As you walk in the mesa, you will see the wild donkeys from afar. The evening view is majestic as you view the colorful Spring Mountains and the Red Rock Canyon landscape.
- Get some nicely grilled Western barbeque served with baked beans, green salad, potatoes, and beverages in the evening. They will also serve old-fashioned desserts, which include s’mores and roasted marshmallows as you listen to the culture and history of the Red Rock Canyon.
- There are veges, salmon, and chicken for extra orders, done in advance.
- The rides occur daily.
Red Springs Ride
- However, no transportation is offered.
- Horseback rides last for one hour and thirty minutes.
- The allowed age is seven years and up.
- Watch the wild burros as you walk in the narrow gorge and dry river bed. In addition, the sceneries entail Spring Mountain and Overlook Mountain, which serve a breathtaking view.
- The rides start from mid-morning to mid-afternoon.
- Address: 4053 Fossil Ridge Rd, Las Vegas, NV 89161, USA
- Website: https://www.cowboytrailrides.com/
- Phone: (702) 387-2457
- Email: email@example.com
Wild West Horseback Adventures
Explore the wilder side of Las Vegas, courtesy of Wild West Horseback Adventures on horseback. Walk your mustangs on the desert trails as you come across the river beds. You will also encounter Native Americans, learning about western culture.
In Wild West Horseback Adventures, there is something for everyone. Explorers, cowboys, pioneers, all can get an ultimate experience. Beginners also fit in, as the guides help and guide you through your adventure.
Features of Wild West Horseback Riding Tour
So, what makes horseback riding in Wild West Horseback Adventures stand out?
- There is free cancellation.
- A mobile voucher is available.
- The booking confirmation is instant.
- They observe cleanliness and safety at their maximum. In this pandemic season, you get services only if you follow the Covid-19 safety measures, like wearing masks and sanitizing. Other measures include providing contactless tickets, disinfecting venues and vehicles, providing personal safety equipment.
- Wild West Horseback Adventures features animals.
- You will explore the wilderness of Nevada while riding a horse.
- There is no need to worry about matching the right horse as the guides will select the best one for you.
- The meal is served at Wild West Horseback Riding Adventures in cowboy style.
- Guides are knowledgeable and will answer all your questions about the region.
- Magical scenery including the native animals.
- Availability is on point. West Horseback Riding Adventures opens daily except on Christmas and Thanksgiving Day.
- Rides last for approximately five hours.
West Horseback Riding Adventures; A Maverick Breakfast Ride, the Ol’ Spanish Trail Lunch Ride, and The Wild West Sunset Dinner Ride.
The Maverick Breakfast Ride
The Maverick Breakfast Ride is a morning ride, hence the term ‘breakfast ride”. Before starting the Maverick adventures, the wranglers select a horse for you and give you some basic training. They will provide you with helmets at no extra cost.
Once you hit the trails, you will be amazed by the peaceful early morning views. These rides are convenient for those who don’t mind riding before breakfast. However, after the ride, the ranch has some breakfast delicacies for you. The cowboy breakfast entails sausage, eggs, orange juice, bacon, and flapjacks.
What to Expect
- Staff picks you up from hotels from 7 am to 8 am and drop you off.
- Riding takes approximately five hours. Horseback rides last about 1.5 hours.
- Unlimited photographs
- They provide safety equipment, e.g., Free Helmets.
- Only riders above six years can participate.
- Maverick Breakfast Ride is fit for riders less than 250 pounds. There is an exception of pregnant women from this ride due to its nature.
- The price is $129 per trip.
Ol’ Spanish Trail Lunch Ride
Ol’ Spanish Trail Lunch Ride is no different from the Maverick Breakfast Ride, only that the latter occurs before breakfast. The tours are approximately five hours, with the horseback rides lasting for one hour.
Additionally, the scenery is majestic as you encounter the rivers and the wild horses filling the Wild West. Note that the short trips are about riding from Pueblo de Los Angeles to Santa Fe. After the rides, enjoy a cowboy lunch at the ranch.
Cleanliness and safety in Ol’ Spanish Trail Lunch Ride are minor worries. Measures to curb the spread of the Covid-19 virus have been put into place to make your experience more enjoyable and memorable.
The measures include:
- They discourage crowding in the ranch by reducing the number of visitors.
- Application of government regulations
- Ensures visitors are wearing a mask.
- Disinfect frequently visited areas
- They enforce social distancing among visitors.
- All the staff, including wranglers, should wear masks.
- Sanitization of gears before use
- Visitors should provide a COVID-19 vaccination certificate or proof of negative results.
What to Expect
- The staff will pick you up from any central hotel in Las Vegas and drop you off.
- Lunch – the western style delicacy includes chicken sandwich or hamburger served with either French fries or potato salad.
- There are photograph opportunities.
- The horseback trail rides endure for one hour. You will ride to the petting zoo and the Cowboy Town.
- Only riders above ten years can participate. Riders weighing more than 250 pounds can participate.
- Ol’ Spanish Trail Lunch Ride is always keen on attires. On your visit, don’t forget to bring long pants, closed-toed shoes, and sunglasses along. You may carry a camera too.
- Pickup occurs from 7 am to 8 am.
- There is no refunding.
- The price is $129 per trip.
The Wild West Sunset Dinner Ride
The Wild West Sunset Dinner Ride is like the former two horseback rides in the afternoon. There are not many activities, but riding the horse at sunset is a thrilling experience you wouldn’t want to miss. You will also hear the coyote and see jackrabbits. After the rides, the ranch serves you dinner and dessert (American apple pie).
What to Expect When Booking Horseback Rides in Wild West Horseback Adventures
- Pickups and drop-offs from Las Vegas hotels
- Provision of breakfast, lunch, and dinner.
- Guided tours
- Riders above five years are allowed.
- Only riders below 250 pounds can participate.
- No prior horse riding experience is needed.
- Carry your riding attire
- Address: 2470 Chandler Avenue Las Vegas NV 89120, United States
- Website: https://wildwesthorsebackadventures.com/
- Phone: +1 702-792-5050
Horseback riding in the Red Rock Canyon feels like in the movies. However, the experience doesn’t have to be imaginative. With the list of horseback riding sites mentioned above, you will explore the Las Vegas landscape and learn its history.